Friday, July 10, 2009

Today Was A News Day

It is 6:20pm on Friday and I am posting for class at work. What is wrong with this picture. My job is supposed to end at 2:30pm on Fridays. I feel like I am back in news. Today I was, at least my employer was. A busload of patients, some with "flu like symptoms"shows up at one of our facilities. The result...a busy emergency room, but also a media convergence. Most of this blog I have talked about the drama of my kids...today I don't have kid drama to share because I haven't seen my kids yet! Only work drama for now. One other story today didn't quite go our way...I'll leave that one out of this post...good PR professional that I am. I has worn me out. But looking back on my life as a reporter and my life as a PR person, I would pick PR. If I was reporting any of these stories...I would still be at work getting the stories ready for the morning. I guess life isn't too bad after all. At least now...I know I won't be working this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment