Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ear Infection #532




Ok...my daughter has not had 532 ear infections, but it could actually be an accurate representation of the number of days she has been on antibiotics. We got the diagnosis again today and another prescription for another antibiotic. But I am going to combat this one differently. After the last ear infection in April, I was willing to try anything else. So I went to chiropractic. A chiropractor friend of mine told me that he has had luck in reducing ear infections in kids through massaging the neck and opening some tubes there. Sounds good to me. So my daughter has been going regularly for these "neck massages" as she calls them. But we have another infection.


I am not ready to give up. I am going to use some of the suggestions I found in Parenting Magazine http://www.parenting.com/ChildHealthGuide/childhealthguide.jsp?xmlFile=1-3-4&cid=redirect-parenting-ear. Consequently my daughters doctor suggested some of the same things for home remades. Hopefully we will get through the holiday weekend with the prescription just on paper and no major pain. I am big enough to admit, if this doesn't work...I will be the first to head to Walgreen's.


Check out the ear drum photos...they are on that link as well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Been there! My daughter had so many ear infections that once, someone asked her what her favorite food was, and she replied, " Strawberry-flavored amoxicillin." 8-0
    Check out this study--confusing as can be.
    http://tinyurl.com/kj9cbn
    We had a little improvement from cutting out wheat, but that sure was difficult. Also, letting a fever spike instead of immediately giving Tylenol. However, she ended up getting ear tubes in kindergarten, which was traumatic for me--but she came through fantastically! Good luck getting through the weekend. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete