Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Escape Artist


We all know that kids climb out of their cribs at some point or another. As parents we just hope when it happens, they don't get hurt until we can get them a toddler bed or "big kid" bed. There are videos all over YouTube with parents showing footing of their kid making the big escape. My daughter was one of the few that never succeeded at climbing out on her own. She would put her foot up on the top rail, but never really got the gut to throw herself over the edge.

My son on the other hand took a leap this week, at 9 months old! I was letting him cry it out to go to sleep and about 20 mins. in, he decided he had enough. I heard an unusual noise and went to check on him. I peeked in the door and saw him on the floor trying to get out the door! Little squirt climbed out onto a pile of Tupperware boxed near his crib that are covered by a blanket. There was a pillow on top of that. My guess is...he rolled down the "hill" to the floor. When I found him, he was scared, but not hurt...thank God! I nearly had a heart attack! Eldon has just started really crawling and pulling up on everything and I think he was just not ready to give up practicing his new skills. He had a blast crawling around the room and climbing over the mattress while I lowered the crib at 10pm that night. Not a night I will soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment