Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Good Sleeper

My good sleeper has stopped being a good sleeper. Eldon was the one who slept through the night when he was an infant, gets up no earlier than 6:30am, and was not a hastle to get to sleep. It is now becoming a hastle to get him to go to sleep. Last week I had to let him cry it out. He was screaming when I held him, he was screaming when I put him down, and he didn't want to eat. A bottle is usually the magic potion for Eldon to go to sleep. No more. So I did everything I could to make myself feel better about letting him cry it out. I changed his diaper, tried to get him to eat a bit more (he didn't), gave him some gas drops and Tylenol (just in case). After none of that did the trick, I put him in the bed and let him wail. For 35 minutes he screamed and carried on. Will was at work, so I was home alone and at about 25 minutes into the crying session, I called in reinforcements. My friend Mandy who is a proponent of the cry it out was all to happy to sit with me on the phone to prevent me from caving into the pressure to go get him. What would I do without those people. Husbands are great, but when you are in a pinch with your kids, its your girlfriends that will get you through it. I am so lucky to have so many that are part of the mommy club and have been there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment