Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Away from work guilt


I know I am not the only one who has away-from-work guilt. Today it is hitting me especially hard. I ended up with two appointments during the work day. One for my eye (after my daughter poked there with her fingernail last week) and with the dentist. The dentist was early in the morning, but I ended up at work an hour later than usual. The eye doctor is later, I will have to leave an hour earlier than usual. I hate that I feel guilty about this, but I do. I am a salaried employee and definitely work more than a 40 hour work week...not to mention the texting, emailing, and calling I do on my hour commute to and from work. In fact, today I did not take a lunch hour, instead I ate at my desk and am posting this just a few minutes after I finished eating...(here I go again...justifying every minute). Why do I do this?! Just to make myself feel better...I am posting a picture of me at work. I really did do something today! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment